Now that I know that we're not losing our home, I decided to celebrate by finishing a fun project I've been gathering parts for for a while, a coordinating set of lights for my kitchen to replace the plastic mounted bare bulbs we've put up with since buying the place.
The fixture over the kitchen table was a bit more complicated. The frame of the fixture is metal hanging basket that I reversed the chains on to create a hanging dome shape. I used the same sockets and cords that I used for the other fixture but the junction was a little bit more complicated. I used a small kitchen funnel for a junction box. The connections were too bulky for screw on connectors so I soldered them into inelegant but functional lumps. Once I tested my three tentacled light beast I mummified the conections in electrical tape and secured it to the frame. The sockets I attached with three small bolts. The cords I attached with twists of rebar wire. Placing three of these twists close to where my junction funnel sits on the frame holds the funnel securely in place. The ceiling mount is identical to the one holding up the pulley light.
The last step was to put both fixtures on dimmer switches with fancy brass plates aligator head knobs.